The Presidential Steering Committee on COVID-19 has reviewed the protocol for all return travellers to Nigeria. Effective from 4th April 2022:-
- All passengers travelling to Nigeria from any country MUST register via the online Nigeria International Travel Portal (nitp.ncdc.gov.ng)
- Fully vaccinated passengers arriving in Nigeria will not be required to carry out a pre-boarding COVID-19 PCR test nor carry out a Post-arrival PCR test or Rapid Antigen Test upon arrival in Nigeria
- Fully vaccinated passengers must show a verifiable full vaccination certificate otherwise, they will be treated as unvaccinated/partially vaccinated under this protocol
- Unvaccinated and partially vaccinated passengers are required to take a COVID-19 PCR test 48hrs before departure and conduct days 2 and 7 post-arrival PCR tests. Such passengers will be expected to pay for their PCR tests through the NITP
- Children below the age of 18 years will be accorded the same privileges as persons who are fully vaccinated
Passengers who do not adhere to the travel protocol will face the penalty as stipulated by the Presidential Steering Committee (PSC) on COVID-19.
The travel protocol for international travel can be found here